The ballistic shield is a common, and often underutilized, piece of law enforcement equipment. This 2-day course covers ballistic capabilities of shields, shield types, shooting techniques, and deployment techniques. You will leave this course with a greatly improved understanding of shield benefits and capabilities. CA POST certification pending.
Prerequisite: LE Only
Location: Hosted by San Francisoco Police Department.
Date & Time: August 22-23rd, 2023. 8am-5pm
- Ballistic shield armor ratings, capabilities
- Shield types/sizes/shapes
- Shooting techniques
- Search techniques
- Shield deployment
- Tactical considerations
- Semi-auto pistol of choice, 3 or more magazines
- Patrol rifle (if available), 2 or more magazines
- Duty/Tactical gear with holster and magazine pouches
- A functional shield from your agency (if available)
- Minimum 500 rounds of pistol, 300 rounds of rifle ammunition (provided by student)
- Marking cartridge setup for your weapon system. 100 marking rounds (50 rifle, 50 pistol).
- Force-on-Force PPE (face, long sleeve, gloves, neck, groin)
- Notepad, pen, sharpie
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Clear eye protection
- Simmunition face mask, gloves, neck/groin protection. Long sleeve top.
- Tools, cleaning kit, and lubricant for your pistol
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity
Agency Enrollment: Agency representatives enrolling one or more officers- please provide all names and emails to email@example.com for certificates. To pay by check please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice to hold the slots.