San Mateo County CCW Course
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This 8 hour course covers the concealed carry weapon (CCW) permit training and testing requirements required by the State of California and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Email email@example.com to be added to the interest list.
Prerequisite: We highly recommend a basic pistol course prior to CCW training. Application and approval of CCW permit through San Mateo County Sheriff. Direct all inquiries to San Mateo County Sheriff's office. Additional information: San Mateo County Sheriff's Office Online Concealed Weapon Permit Application (permitium.com)
Field Sports Park. San Jose, CA.
San Leandro Rifle & PIstol. San Leandro, CA
Time: 9am -5pm
- Applicable California Penal code
- Training and licensing requirements
- Shooting fundamentals
- Home defense scenarios and legal aspects
- Gear & equipment options, selection, and placement
- Proper storage and transportation of firearms
- Qualification course of fire (80% min passing score)
- Firearm and holster specific for your gun. No universal-style holsters.
- Up to 3 pistols of .380 caliber or above for qualification (must be self-defense rounds per Sheriff requirements)
- Ear and eye protection (rental available upon request)
- Minimum 200 rounds of ammunition
- Notebook and pen
- Seasonally appropriate clothing (must include pants and closed-toe shoes)
- Water, lunch and snacks as needed
The authority to carry a concealed weapon (CCW) is set forth in California Penal Code Sections 26150 through 26225. These sections state in part:
- PC 26150 The Sheriff of a County or PC 26155 The Chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city may issue a license upon:
- Proof that the applicant is of good moral character,
- Good cause exists for the issuance,
- The applicant is a resident of the County/City
- The applicant has completed a course of training as described in 26165
(b) may issue that person a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
ALL CLASS SALES ARE FINAL
An in person training courses, online courses or private sessions have no refunds.
You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to qualify for a credit to another course. Credits will not be give to those that cancel without giving OpTempo at least 14 business days to fill their spot.
If OpTempo has to cancel any sessions or courses due to inclement weather you will receive a credit towards the next upcoming course.