An indoor shorter format course that utilizes non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) such as SIMS and UTM in lieu of live-fire. This a great introduction to low-light work for newer shooters and also a skill-enhancing course for experienced shooters. We provide Glock SIM guns, ammunition, and holsters!
The second portion of the seminar is introduction to night vision presented by VF1 System. Get a hands-on look into the equipment and capabilities of night vision and laser aiming devices!
Many home defense and duty encounters occur in low lighting or at night, although 90% of typical range training is done during the day. Introducing the element of darkness, shadows, and lights adds an entirely different dimension to shooting tactics. This course covers weapon mounted lights, hand held flashlights, and low-light tactical techniques. Shooters will leave this course with a greatly improved skill-set in an often overlooked area of firearms training.
Location: Combat Sports Academy Dublin, CA. 3-7pm. Sunday February 9th.
- Low-light tactics theory
- Types of lights
- Night sights
- Search techniques
- Multiple target engagements
- Effects of light on target ID
- Movement and shooting concepts
- Night vision equipment, function, and capabilities
- Handheld flashlight (a back-up is recommended)
- Weapon mounted light (optional)
- Spare batteries for your light system
- Headlamp with red light capability (optional)
- Note pad, pen, sharpie
- Quality belt to support your gear is recommended
- Clear lens glasses
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity