This course is specifically designed for ladies who are new to firearms. This is a beginner pistol course in a fun and open environment. We will teach you the facts and fundamentals of firearms and their usage. We also understand that there is a bit of mystery and fear connected to firearms. We are here to dispel myths and give you quality instruction. A limited number of pistols (with ammunition) are available to rent. You will be comfortable and confident with a handgun upon completion of this course!
No Prerequisite for this course.
Location: January 29th, 2022. Field Sports Park, San Jose CA. 9-3:30pm.
- Safe weapon handling
- Pistol nomenclature, field stripping (assembly/disassembly), and correct cleaning/lubrication
- Shooting fundamentals
- Gear & equipment options, selection, and placement
- Types of reloads
- Weapons malfunction clearing
- Trigger control and accuracy drills
- Functional semi-auto pistol of choice
- 3 or more magazines for pistol, 6 for single stack
- A minimum of 100 rounds of pistol ammo (provided by student)
- Note pad, pen, sharpie
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)/ eye protection
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity
- Canteen, camelback, etc
- Folding/camp chair
- Pack a lunch and snacks
- Good attitude and open mind