3-Day Advanced Firearms Instructor Course (LE & MIL). Dec. 18-20, 2023
Firearms instructors, this is the course you've been waiting for. Historically very little training or development is available to instructors after receiving a POST or GOV firearms instructor certification. The lack of development training can lead to stagnant range time and underutilized training days. This 3-day course provides the needed skills enabling instructors to improve their agency firearms program and provide Officers the training they need and want. CA POST certification pending.
Prerequisite: LE/MIL only. POST or MIL certified firearms instructor.
Location: Hosted by San Francisco PD.
Date & Time: Dec 18-20, 2023. 8am-5pm daily.
- Methodology of quality instruction
- Analyzing current trends and data
- Course content development
- Presentation techniques
- Live-fire drill development
- Range staff management
- Laptop and thumb drive
- Semi-auto pistol of choice, 3 or more magazines
- Patrol rifle (if available), 2 or more magazines
- Duty/Tactical gear with holster and magazine pouches
- Minimum 500 rounds of pistol, 300 rounds of rifle ammunition (provided by student)
- Marking cartridge setup for your weapon system. 100 marking rounds (50 rifle, 50 pistol).
- Force-on-Force PPE (face, long sleeve, gloves, neck, groin)
- Notepad, pen, sharpie
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Clear eye protection
- Simmunition face mask, gloves, neck/groin protection. Long sleeve top.
- Tools, cleaning kit, and lubricant for your pistol
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity
Agency Enrollment: Agency representatives enrolling one or more officers- please provide all names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org for certificates. To pay by check please email email@example.com for an invoice.