Red Dot Sight (RDS) Pistol Course
Handgun red dot sights (RDS) are a proven technology that is trusted within military, law enforcement, shooting sports, and concealed carry communities. This one-day class is an introduction to the skills necessary to effectively use a handgun RDS. This course will provide you with vital techniques that you can adopt into your personal training to further your handgun shooting skills. Your instructor is an LE trainer who delivers RDS-transition training to hundreds of Deputies and Officers at a large regional training agency. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for agency transition courses.
Prerequisite: Pistol Foundations Course or proof of completion of a basic handgun class.
- Red dot selection
- Mounting Procedures
- Presentation & Draw stroke
- Grip refinement
- Maintaining Target Focus
- Functional semi-auto pistol of choice.
- RDS mounted prior to day of class
- 3 or more magazines for pistol, 6 for single stack
- Minimum of 400 rounds (provided by student)
- Note pad, pen, sharpie
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)/ eye protection
- Seasonally appropriate clothing
- Lunch and snacks