BALLISTIC SHIELD INSTRUCTOR COURSE (LE/MIL Only) March 12-14, 2024
The ballistic shield is a common, and often underutilized, piece of law enforcement equipment. This 3-day course is presented in a train-the-trainer format and covers ballistic capabilities of shields, shooting techniques, deployment techniques and instructor concepts. You will leave this course with a greatly improved understanding of shield benefits and capabilities. CA POST certification pending.
Prerequisite: POST or Military firearms instructor certificate. LE/MIL personnel only.
Agency Enrollment: Agency representatives enrolling one or more officers- please contact email@example.com for an invoice. Names of individual officers and emails are required for certificates.
Location: Hosted by California Highway Patrol, Sacramento Division. 3500 Reed Ave W. Sacramento, CA
Date & Time: March 12-14th, 2024. 8am-5pm
- Ballistic shield armor ratings, capabilities
- Shield types/sizes/shapes
- Shooting techniques
- Shield deployment
- Tactical considerations
- Instructor concepts
- Semi-auto pistol of choice, 3 or more magazines
- Patrol rifle (if available), 2 or more magazines
- Duty/Tactical gear with holster and magazine pouches
- A functional shield from your agency (if available)
- Minimum 500 rounds of pistol, 300 rounds of rifle ammunition (provided by student)
- Marking cartridge (SIMS/UTM) setup for your weapon system. 100 marking rounds (50 rifle, 50 pistol).
- Force-on-Force PPE (face, long sleeve, gloves, neck, groin)
- Laptop with agency lesson plan
- Notepad, pen, sharpie
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Clear eye protection
- Simmunition face mask, gloves, neck/groin protection. Long sleeve top.
- Tools, cleaning kit, and lubricant for your pistol
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity
Agency Enrollment: Agency representatives enrolling one or more officers- please provide all names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org for certificates. To pay by check please email email@example.com for an invoice to hold the slots.