2-DAY LOW-LIGHT OPERATIONS: PISTOL/CARBINE (LE Only). Jan. 30-31, 2024
Many duty encounters occur in low lighting or at night, although 90% of typical range training is done during the day. Introducing the element of darkness, shadows, and lights adds an entirely different dimension to shooting tactics. This course covers weapon mounted lights, hand held flashlights, and low-light tactical techniques. Shooters will leave this course with a greatly improved skill-set in an often overlooked area of firearms training.
Prerequisite: LE Only
Agency Enrollment: Agency representatives enrolling one or more officers- please contact email@example.com for an invoice. Names of individual officers and emails are required for certificates.
Location: Hosted by San Francisco Police Dept.
1059 North Access Rd SF, CA 94128.
Date & Time: Jan 30-31, 2024. 11am-8pm
- Low-light tactics & case studies
- Types of lights
- Night sights
- Search techniques
- Effects of light on target ID
- Movement and shooting concepts
- Force-on-force scenarios
- Semi-auto pistol of choice
- Patrol carbine with WML
- Handheld flashlight (a back up is recommended)
- Pistol Weapon mounted light (optional)
- Spare batteries for your light system
- (1) Red chem light
- Headlamp with red light capability
- 3 or more magazines for pistol & carbine
- Minimum 500 rounds of pistol ammo, 200 rounds carbine (provided by student)
- Note pad, pen, sharpie
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Clear eye protection
- Simmunition face mask, gloves, neck/groin protection, long sleeve top.
- Duty/Tactical with holster and magazine pouches
- Tools, cleaning kit, and lubricant for your firearms
- Seasonally appropriate clothing for moderate activity